Enter The Homiens Art Prize
The Homiens Art Prize is an international, non-acquisitive art prize open to artists of all ages, nationalities, abilities and stages of career. Submissions from artists working in any media are encouraged. We consider all art forms and practices equal, and are excited to welcome artworks on any theme, and without any size restrictions.
The Homiens Art Prize exists to recognise and celebrate talented artists. Homiens aims to lower barriers to entering the global art market, and exists to foster egalitarian, accessible and democratic support for artists. In line with this mission, the Homiens Art Prize and exhibition take place online, accompanied by a beautifully produced catalogue. The exclusively online format of our Prize allows Homiens to offer significantly lower submission fees than comparable awarding bodies, and also ensures equal opportunity for all artists, removing the expectation that artists who enter will pay to transport and insure their work.
All entrants to the Homiens Art Prize can access Jurors’ feedback, and are considered for exhibition by Homiens.
Ten (10) Winning artists:
- Each receive an unrestricted cash prize of $400 USD.
- Receive a professional profile on the Homiens website.
- Participate in the Homiens Art Prize exhibition.
- Feature in the Homiens Art Prize exhibition catalogue.
- Receive an interview with Homiens (optional) for publication in print, and online.
- Are featured in the Homiens 60. Each year, this elegant publication showcases the unique abilities of each of our winning artists, and affords winning artists an opportunity to share aspects of their practice with an international audience of collectors and buyers, galleries, institutions, and practitioners.
- May request a letter of endorsement from Homiens, to be used as a professional reference, and as a supporting document when applying for grants, opportunities to further develop their artistic practice, and other forms of recognition.
At least eighteen (18) Shortlisted artists:
- Are listed on the Homiens website.
- Participate in the Homiens Art Prize exhibition.
- Feature in the Homiens Art Prize exhibition catalogue, designed to promote their work and generate interest from collectors.
In recognition of the outstanding talent evident in the entries we receive, up to sixty (60) artists are Longlisted on the Homiens website.
Deadline for submissions: 11:59pm ET Thursday 29th February, 2024.
Results will be emailed to all participating artists and published on our website from three months of the deadline.
Image, Video, and Audio Guidelines
- For video and sound based work, each artwork may be of a duration up to thirty (30) minutes.
- Each image should be: of the artwork entered, an accurate representation of the artwork, taken in bright natural light, of a high resolution for reproduction online, clear and in focus, without copyright stamps or watermarks, the correct way up, unaltered digitally or by computer software (you may crop your images if required), and free from any unnecessary or irrelevant content, such as frames, mounts, walls, tables or any other kind of background. Selection is entirely based on the images uploaded.
- You may provide a detail of the artwork entered, as long as you also provide an image of the artwork in full.
- To get a digital image of your artwork you may use professional photographs (we request that you credit the photographer on your entry form) or take high quality digital photographs of each artwork yourself. You may also scan work directly or from a photograph using a flatbed scanner.
- You may enter work which has been exhibited previously. We kindly request that any artwork you submit has not been the winner of another prize, contest, award, or competition.
- No artificial intelligence (AI) generated art.
- Please submit all entries in digital format through our entry form on this page. We cannot accept, return, or refund postal entries.
- Before entering, we kindly request that you read, understand, and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- The base submission fee of $20 USD allows you to enter up to three (1-3) artworks. Additional artworks cost $5 USD each to enter.
- Each entry form allows you to enter up to ten (10) artworks. You may enter as many times as you wish.
- You may upload up to three (3) images of each artwork.
- Debit, Credit Card (Stripe) and PayPal payments are accepted.
In line with our mission to support all artists as they work to develop or refine their professional artistic practice, all entrants can elect to access one page of feedback compiled by our Jurors detailing key considerations which arise during deliberation, notes on the quality of submissions received, areas commonly seen to require further attention, and reflections upon which specific traits and characteristics are shared by, or perhaps unique to a particular winning entry, with examples provided. In working to articulate and share a concise record of their thoughts, our Jurors hope to be able to validate and fortify your efforts, while offering a valuable account of what they, and potentially other Jurors and galleries, are seeking.
“The Homiens Gallery offers a wealth of information for artists to draw on to improve their craft and get integrated into the professional art scene. Prizes like theirs help artists to be seen, and help collectors get acquainted with their work.” Susan Carney